The 2014-2015 HENAAC Scholarship Application is now CLOSED. The new application period will open in late January 2015.
HENAAC scholarship recipients continue to pave the way for future generations of Hispanics and lead by example to empower our communities and enhance our nation’s professional technical workforce. Since its inception thirteen years ago the HENAAC Scholars Program has experienced tremendous growth. In 2008, through the generous support of our program sponsors, we passed the $1M milestone in scholarship awarded. In 2013, GMiS passed the $2M scholarship milestone.
The application deadline every year is APRIL 30.
The HENAAC Scholars Program offers three types of scholarships: Corporate/Government Sponsored Scholarships, Special Recognition Scholarships, and In Memoriam and Personal Tribute Scholarships. Click Here for information on these scholarship.
Basic Scholarship Requirements:
- Applicants must demonstrate leadership through academic achievements and campus/community activities
- Applicants must be Science, Technology, Engineering or Math related majors
- Applicants must have an overall grade point average of 3.0 or higher
- Recipients must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program for the preceding fall semester, at an accredited 2-yr or 4-yr college/university in the U.S. or its territories.
- Applicants must be of Hispanic origin and/or must significantly participate in and promote organizations and activities in the Hispanic community
Each Scholarship Recipient Will Receive:
- A scholarship ranging in amounts from $500 to $10,000
- Listing and photo in the HENAAC Conference issue of TECHNiCA Magazine
- Press release on the Great Minds in STEM website
- Transportation support to the HENAAC Conference, where Scholars are presented with their scholarship alongside the sponsor. The 2015 HENAAC Conference will be held in Pasadena, CA, from October 14-18, 2014.
Online Application Must Include:
- A 700-word essay based on a predetermined topic
- Current resume
- One peer letter of recommendation from a friend, classmate, lab partner, roommate, teammate, or fellow member of a campus or community organization
- One faculty letter of recommendation from a faculty, teacher, mentor, advisor, counselor, principal, dean, or MEP Director
- Official transcript with the seal of your college or high school
- Self-photo (used for publication purposes only)
Application Submission Process:
- Complete the online HENAAC Scholarship Application Form and upload your essay, resume, letters of recommendation, official transcript(s) and photo.
- Documents must be uploaded by 11:59 PM PST on April 30. Paper copies will no longer be accepted.
- An email will be automatically sent verifying receipt of your application. If you do not receive an automatic confirmation, please contact our office.
- An email will be sent in June informing you that your application is complete/incomplete. Incomplete applications will not be processed. Applicants WILL NOT have the opportunity to submit materials that are missing.
- Students selected as scholarship recipients will be notified, by email, in August.
- Students not selected as scholarship recipients will be notified, by regular mail, in September.
- Please do not call the office during the review period from May 1 – September 30 to check on the status of your application. All applicants will be notified in June on the status of the application.
ContactFor additional information regarding the HENAAC Scholars Program, please contact
Dr. Gary Cruz at firstname.lastname@example.org