Scholarship Application Guidelines and Online Application
The HENAAC Scholarship Application for the 2013-14 academic year is closed. Applicants will be notified in August 2013 of their application status.
The 2014-2015 HENAAC Scholarship Application will open in January 2014.
HENAAC scholarship recipients continue to pave the way for future generations of Hispanics and lead by example to empower our communities and enhance our nation’s professional technical workforce. Since its inception thirteen years ago the HENAAC Scholars Program has experienced tremendous growth. In 2008, through the generous support of our program sponsors, we passed the $1M amount in scholarship awarded. To date we have awarded over $1,700,000 in educational grants to 874 exceptional STEM students.
The application deadline every year is APRIL 30.
In addition to our sponsored scholarship, Great Minds in STEM presents several special recognition scholarships. These include:
HENAAC Student Leadership Awards:
One graduate student and one undergraduate student will be selected to receive the top two HENAAC Student Leadership Awards and scholarships.
NAVSEA/SPAWAR – A highly competitive scholarship up to $10,000 for an incoming freshman (i.e. current graduating high school senior), who intends to pursue a STEM major at a Hispanic Serving Institution. The scholarship comes with a summer internship.
Leticia S. Montiel Memorial Scholarship - Sponsored by Rudy Montiel
Jose R. Silva Memorial Scholarship - Sponsored by The Raytheon Company
Victoria Alegria Tracy Memorial Scholarship - Sponsored by Dr. & Mrs. John Tracy
National Football Hall of Fame - San Gabriel Valley/Pasadena Chapter
2012 HENAAC Scholars Program Sponsors:
Basic Scholarship Requirements:
- Applicants must demonstrate leadership through academic achievements and campus/community activities
- Applicants must be Science, Technology, Engineering or Math related majors
- Applicants must have an overall grade point average of 3.0 or higher
- Recipients must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program for the preceeding fall semester
- Applicants must be of Hispanic origin and/or must significantly participate in and promote organizations and activities in the Hispanic community
Each Scholarship Recipient Will Receive:
- A scholarship ranging in amounts from $500 to $10,000
- Listing and photo in the HENAAC Conference issue of TECHNiCA Magazine
- Press release on the Great Minds in STEM website
- Transportation support to the forthcoming HENAAC Conference. The 2013 HENAAC Conference will be held in New Orleans, from October 2-5, 2013.
- Recipients will be awarded at the HENAAC Conference
- Recipients MUST attend the HENAAC Conference to receive the scholarship
Online Application Must Include:
- A 700-word essay based on a predetermined topic
- Current resume
- One letter of recommendation from a fellow student (can be a friend or a fellow member of a campus or community organization)
- One letter of recommendation from a college advisor, MEP Director, Dean or faculty member (if a high school senior, letter may be written by an advisor or faculty member)
- Official transcript with the seal of your college or high school
Application Submission Process:
- Please complete the online HENAAC Scholarship Application Form and upload your essay, resume, letters of recommendation and official transcript(s).
- Documents must be uploaded no later than 11:59 PM PST on April 30.
- Documents, which are mailed to our facility, must be postmarked by April 30.
- An email will be automatically sent verifying receipt of your application. If you do not receive an automatic confirmation, please contact our office.
- An email will be sent in May informing you that your application is complete/incomplete.
- Students selected as scholarship recipients will be notified, by email, in August.
- Students not selected as scholarship recipients will be notified, by regular mail, in September.
- Please do not call the office during the review period from May 1 – September 30 to check on the status of your application.
ContactFor additional information regarding the HENAAC Scholars Program, please contact
Gary Cruz, Ph.D.