The 2015-2016 HENAAC Scholarship Application is now closed. Winners will be announced in late August. The 2016 application period will open in late January 2016..
HENAAC scholarship recipients continue to pave the way for future generations of Hispanics and lead by example to empower our communities and enhance our nation’s professional technical workforce. Since its inception in 2001, the HENAAC Scholars Program has experienced tremendous growth. In 2008, through the generous support of our program sponsors, we passed the $1M milestone in scholarship awarded. In 2013, GMiS passed the $2M scholarship milestone.
The application deadline every year is APRIL 30.
The HENAAC Scholars Program offers three types of scholarships: Corporate/Government Sponsored Scholarships, Special Recognition Scholarships, and In Memoriam and Personal Tribute Scholarships. Click Here for information on these scholarship.
Basic Scholarship Requirements:
- Applicants must demonstrate leadership through academic achievements and campus/community activities
- Applicants must be Science, Technology, Engineering or Math related majors
- Applicants must have an overall grade point average of 3.0 or higher
- Applicants must be of Hispanic origin and/or must significantly participate in and promote organizations and activities in the Hispanic community
- Recipients must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program for the preceding fall semester, at an accredited 2-yr or 4-yr college/university in the U.S. or its territories.
Each Scholarship Recipient Will Receive:
- A scholarship ranging in amounts from $500 to $10,000
- Listing in the HENAAC Conference issue of TECHNiCA Magazine and press release
- Transportation support to the HENAAC Conference, where Scholars are presented with their scholarship alongside the sponsor. The 2015 HENAAC Conference will be held in Pasadena, CA, from October 14-18, 2015.
Online Application Must Include:
- A 700-word essay based on a predetermined topic
- Current resume
- One peer letter of recommendation from a friend, classmate, lab partner, roommate, teammate, or fellow member of a campus or community organization
- One faculty letter of recommendation from a faculty, teacher, mentor, advisor, counselor, principal, dean, or MEP Director
- Official transcript with the seal of your college or high school
- Self-photo (used for publication purposes only)
Application Submission Process:
- Complete the online HENAAC Scholarship Application Form and upload your essay, resume, letters of recommendation, official transcript(s) and photo.
- Documents must be uploaded by 11:59 PM PST on April 30. Paper copies will no longer be accepted.
- Upon submission, a confirmation page will be automatically displayed verifying receipt of your application. If you did not receive this confirmation page, then you did not successfully submit your application. This confirmation page is your only record of submittal.
- An email will be sent by July informing you that your application is complete/incomplete. Incomplete applications will not be processed. Applicants WILL NOT have the opportunity to submit materials that are missing.
- Students selected as scholarship recipients will be notified, by email, in August.
- Students not selected as scholarship recipients may be notified, by regular mail, in September.
- Please do not call the office during the review period from May 1 – September 30 to check on the status of your application.
ContactFor additional information regarding the HENAAC Scholars Program, please contact
Dr. Gary Cruz at firstname.lastname@example.org