The HENAAC Scholarship Application Guidelines
The 2016-17 Scholarship Application Portal is now closed. Please bookmarked the GMiS website for the announcement of the Class of 2016 HENAAC Scholars, in mid-August. The 2017-18 Scholarship Application will open in January 2017. Thank you.
HENAAC scholarship recipients continue to pave the way for future generations of Hispanics and lead by example to empower our communities and enhance our nation’s professional technical workforce. Since its inception in 2001, the HENAAC Scholars Program has experienced tremendous growth. In 2008, through the generous support of our program sponsors, we passed the $1M milestone in scholarship awarded. In 2013, GMiS passed the $2M scholarship milestone.
The application deadline every year is APRIL 30.
The HENAAC Scholars Program offers three types of scholarships: Corporate/Government Sponsored Scholarships, Special Recognition Scholarships, and In Memoriam and Personal Tribute Scholarships. Click Here for information on these scholarship.
Basic Scholarship Requirements:
- Applicants must demonstrate merit through academic achievements, leadership and campus/community activities
- Applicants must be pursuing a science, technology, engineering or math degree
- Applicants must have an overall grade point average of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Applicants must be of Hispanic origin and/or must significantly demonstrate leadership or service within the Hispanic community
- Recipients must be enrolled in an accredited undergraduate or graduate program for the preceding fall semester, at an accredited 2-yr or 4-yr college/university in the U.S. or its territories.
Each Scholarship Recipient Will Receive:
- A merit-based scholarship ranging in amounts from $500 to $10,000
- Listing in the HENAAC STEM Career Conference issue of TECHNiCA Magazine and press release
- Transportation support to the HENAAC STEM Career Conference, where Scholars are presented with their scholarship alongside the sponsor. The 2016 HENAAC STEM Career Conference will he held in Anaheim, CA from October 4 – 9, 2016. Scholars will be provided travel beginning Wednesday October 4.
Online Application Must Include:
- A 700-word essay based on a predetermined topic
- Current resume
- One peer letter of recommendation from a friend, classmate, lab partner, roommate, teammate, or fellow member of a campus or community organization
- One faculty letter of recommendation from a faculty, teacher, mentor, advisor, counselor, principal, dean, or MEP Director
- Official transcript with the seal of your college or high school (Transcripts must be in English)
- Self-photo (used for publication purposes only)
Application Submission Process:
- Complete the online HENAAC Scholarship Application Form and upload your essay, resume, letters of recommendation, official transcript(s) and photo.
- Documents must be uploaded by 11:59 PM PST on April 30. Paper copies will no longer be accepted.
- Upon submission, a confirmation page will be automatically displayed verifying receipt of your application. If you did not receive this confirmation page, then you did not successfully submit your application. This confirmation page is your only record of submittal.
- Incomplete applications will not be processed. Applicants WILL NOT have the opportunity to submit materials that are missing.
- Students selected as scholarship recipients will be notified, by email, in August. No other notifications will be made.
- Please do not call the office during the review period from May 1 – September 30 to check on the status of your application.
ContactFor additional information regarding the HENAAC Scholars Program, please contact
Dr. Gary Cruz at email@example.com