The 2017 HENAAC Awards Nominations portal is now Open.
Deadline is May 26, 2017
Great Minds in STEM™ (GMiS) is in its 29th year of highlighting the nation’s best and brightest Hispanic engineers, scientists, mathematicians, technology experts and computer scientists. Through the HENAAC awards nomination process, GMiS honors and showcases role models to inspire young people to pursue careers in STEM, and to motivate professionals to continuously connect with the Hispanic community. By nominating individuals from your organization, you support GMiS in providing a pathway and vision for the next generation, of what it means to be a successful STEM professional.
This year, several categories have been collapsed to streamline our peer-reviewed process. All categories including Civil and Environmental Engineering as well as Computer Engineers and Information Technology Distinction will be reviewed within the broader award categories.
Award winners will be recognized at a variety of events, sessions and tracks during the 29th Annual HENAAC Conference, taking place in Pasadena, CA from October 18-22, 2017.
- Recognize individuals on a national level through a highly-respected peer-reviewed process.
- Identify emerging talent, top management, and outstanding work within your organization.
- Support your organization’s retention efforts while showcasing your diversity efforts.
Online Application Requirements:
- Online Nomination Form
- Nominator Statement
- Full Job Description
- Organizational Chart
- Recommendation Letters
- Color Photograph that is at least 300 dpi or higher
- Synopsis of Key Research (for technical award categories only)
- Articles about the Nominee (if applicable)
Online Application Process:
- Create a nominator login account to begin the nomination process.
- Complete the online HENAAC Awards Nominations Application(s) and upload required documents and photo.
- Documents must be uploaded by 11:59 PM PST on May 26, 2017. Paper copies will no longer be accepted.
- All winners and the individuals who nominated them will be notified via telephone and email by the first week of August 2016.
- A formal letter of notification with details about the conference, awards show, rehearsals, etc. will be sent by email the second week of August 2016.
- The nominators of individuals who did not win will receive letters indicating that their candidates were not selected by the end of August 2016.
For additional information regarding the HENAAC Awards Nominations, please contact
Monica Villafana at firstname.lastname@example.org